Executive Board (EB)
The BMM Executive Board is responsible for the day-to-day management of BMM, for its financials, for building and expanding the BMM partnership, for the monitoring of the progress of the various BMM projects and for the support by the BMM office in Geleen.
The members of the BMM Executive Board are:
- A.G.J. Staring, PhD (Managing Director)
- Prof F.P.T. Baaijens, PhD (Scientific Director)
Supervisory Board (SB)
The authority of the BMM Supervisory Board comprises the approval of the BMM project portfolio, based on the advice of the BMM International Scientific Advisory Board, and the approval of the Annual Financial Accounts of BMM. The BMM Supervisory Board also appoints the members of the BMM Executive Board. The members of the BMM Supervisory Board are selected form the group of BMM partners.
The members of the Supervisory Board are:
- Roger H.L.M. van Boxtel (chair)
- Christophe J.X. Dardel (Industry)
- Niek J. Snoeij, PhD (Industry)
- Vacancy (Industry)
- Alexander A.A.M. Vos (SME)
- Prof Sibrand Poppema, PhD (Academia)
- Prof Martin Paul, PhD (Academia)
- Prof Clemens A. van Blitterswijk, PhD (Academia)
General Assembly (GA)
Representatives of all BMM partners meet annually in the General Assembly of BMM partners. In this meeting the partners are informed about the progress of the BMM projects and activities and jointly they discuss the options for the future of the BMM partnership. The meeting is usually organized co-incidentally with the scientific BMM Annual Meeting.
International Scientific Advisory Board (ISAB)
The International Scientific Advisory Board (ISAB) safeguards the scientific excellence and progress of the BMM projects. The ISAB advices the Supervisory Board on the approval of project proposals and annually on the progress and continuation of the projects. The ISAB comprises of 7 international specialists in the technological and disease areas of BMM.
The ISAB consists of the following members:
- Prof Bob Löwenberg, PhD (NLD, chair)
- Prof Arnold Caplan, PhD (USA)
- Prof Norbert Lamaire, PhD (BEL)
- Prof David Mooney, PhD (USA)
- Prof Dave Tirrell, PhD (USA)
- Prof Karen Wooley, PhD (USA)
- Prof Sir Magdi Yacoub, PhD (UK)